Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Prettie Wednesday Monochromatic

So 2 weeks ago (well, actually just over a week ago because I was late as usual!) I challenged the Prettie Girls to make a monochromatic card. A TRULY monochromatic card using only white (or vanilla) black, and shades of 1 color. I said brown did NOT count as a neutral for this one.

I love monochromatic cards, because it makes things kind of easy. You only have to worry about 1 color, right? That said, I wanted to use Angel Wings Sophia - did I even tell you last time that she's the October Stamp of the Month?? I know everyone is loving her, and if you don't want to have to wait until November to get her, you should go sign up for the Stamp of the Month club NOW, before the end of this month!!!

So, I wanted to use Angel Wings Sophia but not traditional angel colors (like blue, white, or silver/gold) so I was playing around and decided that plum would be perfect for her! She's stamped on Stamper's Select White and colored in with my SU! markers. I then had to add some glitter to her wings and stickles to her trim...because she needs to shine! She's layered on Basic Black and then Pale Plum. The Perfect Plum base was stamped with the SU! Bella Toile backgrounder in the same color. I added some ribbon on the side...and then was digging through my other Paper Pretties stamps to find an appropriate greeting and I came across my Falling For You Sophia (she's going to be released on October 1st to those of you not in the SOTM Club) and thought this sentiment would be PERFECT with my little purple angel! ;-) I thought about adding some little devil horns to her, but she looks too cute the way she is - although it would make her more appropriate to represent my daughter that way!

Thanks for all the sweet comments on my last post everyone...glad you all think the tummy is cute. I think I'm over it now and am just getting uncomfortable. Just over 10 weeks to go though, so I think I'll make it.

Have a wonderful day! Oh...and go check out what all the other Prettie Girls have done with the monochromatic challenge this week...I'm heading out to right now!

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Angel Wings Sophia and Falling For You Sophia by Paper Pretties
, Bella Toile by SU!
CS: Stamper's Select White, Basic Black, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum

Ink: Brilliance black
, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink, Blush Blossom, So Saffron
Acc: silver cord, dazzling diamonds, stickles, silver organdy ribbon, eggplant grosgrain ribbon

TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love the plum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlin' Jana - love the challenge and your card is sparkly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Jana! This color looks wonderful on Angel Wings Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! SOOOO sparkly..she is just beautifuL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOOO gorgeous Jana! I LOVE this Sophia and she is just beautiful on this! Thanks for a SUPER fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!