Sunday, September 14, 2008

Some SU! stuff!

I hope I can get myself into a routine here pretty soon, because I miss you all! My google reader is back up to 472 unread posts...OMG!! Seems like I never have time on my computer anymore - I spend it all trying to sleep! On that note, everything is going well. Baby is still inside and we're now a full week past the point where Julia was born! We're at B-83 and counting. :-)

I thought I'd show you one of the cards I recently made with some new SU! stamps. Now that I'm back in the states, I'm lovin' all my new SU! stuff again!! And hey, hopefully soon I'll actually send a newsletter out to all my old customers and see if any of them are interested in getting back into this with me! I've really missed teaching classes, and my new house is PERFECT for them!

I made this card using the new Upsy Daisy set borrowed from my friend Michelle. I embossed the daisies with black detail embossing powder on glossy white cardstock, then I brayered on Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point inks. Lastly, I sponged some black around the edges. I layered this onto pink pirouette cardstock and basic black. The card base is Pacific Point with the Polka Dot backgrounder stamped in the same color. I used the new scallop edge punch to scallop one side of a strip of pink pirouette and attached that, then tied some white taffeta ribbon around the edge. I attached the focal piece and Voila! Finished card. I didn't include a sentiment on this one, preferring to save it and include one on the inside later when I'm ready to send it to someone.

I have 2 more of these embossed images, so I think I'll try something similar with different colors and layout. Watch for those to come in the next week or 2. I have a few more already completed which I'll continue to share with you throughout the week!

Thanks for checking in!

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Polka Dot background
CS:
Pink Pirouette, Pacific Point, Basic Black, Glossy White
Ink: versamark,
Pink Pirouette, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Basic Black
Acc: white taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch

TFL!

10 comments:

  1. So glad to see you! Glad that you're doing well, settled in and getting some crafty time! (((hugs!!!))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards - unexpected colors but they look so pretty with the embossed image!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this card turned out! Really is a beautiful color combo, and love the layout, too!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your image is beautiful, I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous, Jana! LOVE it! Get all the sleep you can now! Hope you're feeling rested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jana...when the reader gets that full..best to wipe the slate clean and start over...trust me, no one will be mad at ya for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you've done with this stamp! I don't think I've seen this color combo with it and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jana, I think this card is amazing! Unexpected colors, but so gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!