Sunday, January 17, 2010

Purely Innocent Valentine

I am still head over heals with this new Pure Innocence line from My Favorite Things (as is everyone else from what I've seen in the blogosphere lately!) Joanne's Beloved challenge was a perfect excuse to ink them up and play!It has been quite a while since I watercolored, and I thought it would be fun to pull out my aquapainter and ink pads to try again. It took a while to find some watercolor paper (and this tiny piece was ALL I could find!!) I stamped Flower Girl with my Brilliance Black ink and left it for a while to dry. I watercolored her (following the fabulous tutorial Joanne created!) and then got to work on the rest of the card.I thought I could also use this past week's color challenge from SCS which was Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry and Chocolate Chip. I substituted the retired lighter pink from SU! because I thought it would look better. I put my card together with some Bella Rose paper (Thanks Jane!!) and some more fabulous Princess Satin Ribbon. The heart is cut with the new heart embosslit from SU!, then I used my word window punch to punch out the sentiment. The bow is topped with a piece from the new Sweet Pea felt collection - TONS o' fun!I decided to finish off the inside of the card as well, so I added some white cardstock accented with the same dp as the outside, layered on more pink. I added a few stitches with some chocolate embroidery floss (would have sewed on it, but my machine still doesn't work!) and then I stamped the little girl in pink as well. I wish I had done a little more with the front, but at least it is done within the time limit, and I did get more work done this weekend toward a clean and organized stamp room, so that is a good thing! I'll be back with more MFT goodness tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is SO pretty Jana! I love the hand stitching inside. I need embroidery floss! and princess ribbon too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!