Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PWC121: Animal Style

This week's challenge from Paper Pretties is to go Animal style - use an animal stamp, or animal print paper or texture on your project. since we just released this adorable new Horse stamp and I hadn't had a chance to play with him yet, I knew this was the perfect oppportunity!
 Horsin' Around is such a fun stamp. I love the expression on this guy's face...and the flower is adorable!! I colored him in with my copic markers, then cut the image out with a new labels nestabilities set. LOVE this new shape!! For the layout, I went with this week's Mojo Monday sketch.
I also made this card for Carolyn King's Heart to Heart drive. She's got an amazing lineup of sponsors for this HUGE giveaway (pretty much, all the big names in stamping are represented - including Paper Pretties!!) To enter, you have to make (and send) a card to someone who works with Alzheimer's patients. My aunt is one of those people, and she's been doing this for several years now. I've actually visited her at work when back in Maine, and she is so patient and kind (just like she was with me as a child) with her patients...I know she's perfect for these folks! And, I'm also sending some cards that I've made (and that Julia my daughter has made) for her to give to her patients...because I know how much THEY love getting cards too!

So...go make your own Animal-style card to enter into OUR contest, then send it to someone working with Alzheimer's patients to enter into Carolyn's contest too. It will double your chances of getting some free Paper Pretties stamps to play with!!

6 comments:

  1. Love how this horse pops right off the background without a mat -- I need to try that technique! And the horseshoe print DP is SO perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is adorable...love the sentiment too....will certainly make your amazing aunt smile! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love that DP with that image ... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Card, love your coloring and I love the papers you chose to showcase this image. Looks great!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely DARLING! Love that horse and the horseshoe paper is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!