Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PWC125: Gotta be Square!

It's that time again...for our weekly Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge! This week, we're challenging you all to make it square! A square card. This was an easy one for me...since more than half my cards these days are square. but, since I knew it was the last Monday of the month, I figured I'd wait to do my card for this weeks Mojo Monday Circle or square sketch...and I'm glad I did!
I used our adorable new Tis the Season Sophia from our October stamp release - isn't she just darling just peeking through all those packages?? LOVE it!! I colored her with copics and cut her out with Nesties. Then, I pulled out my beloved Eskimos Kisses paper and got to work with the sketch! I don't usually mix this many patterns...but I think it works!
I added some liquid applique to her boots and the cuffs of her coat to give her a little added dimension, and slipped some clear tinsel from SU! behind her. Cute, no??
Of course, I finished the inside too. Now, head on over to the paper pretties blog to see all of this week's square creations from our amazing DT, and be sure to link up your OWN square cards to WIN a FREE Paper Pretties stamp set. Also while you're there...check out our new Digi Design team call - I mean, who can't use more stamps?!?

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I am totally finding it hard to mix this Eskimo Kisses together (I am always using a pattern with a solid)...you made it work here though! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring on this adorable Sophia and perfect combination of DPs to go with the little holiday shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes--it SO works!! super cute card, wrapping,image, and pattern papers all bundled into one. excellent job!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute CUTE!!! I just did a bit of Christmas shopping myself! =) NOt FOR me though... but still, got some of it out of the way for family which is nice. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, I love how the colors in on the package go with the DP. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - that is fabulous image and you paired it beautifully with the Basic Grey paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very darling! Love the snowflakes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card. Love the paper and that cute image looks so good on the decorative panel.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!