Saturday, May 31, 2008

Heading off to school

German Phrase of the Day: Schule ist ganz spass! - School is very fun! I hope this is a phrase Julia will repeat many times once she gets started at elementary school when we move back.

And speaking of school, here is Sophia with her little brother Cooper heading off to school together. Aren't they just TOOO cute? And did you know, you can now get Gift Certificates in the Paper Pretties Boutique? Now you can let your friends choose which Sophia (or other stamps) they love best!

I stamped Cooper first, then masked him with my eclipse masking tape before stamping Sophia on top so she would appear in the back. After stamping them with my brilliance black ink pad, I let the ink dry and then started coloring them with my prismacolor pencils. I used the colors from Kristina Werner's color inspiration challenge this week, and I really like them. Unfortunately, the Not Quite Navy looks VERY navy in the photo...but the colors from the pencils turned out looking great!

The CS colors used are Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Old Olive (prints dsp), Not Quite Navy, and stamper's select white. I stamped the circular greeting from Circle of Friendship twice, once with Old Olive, once with Not Quite Navy, then punched the center out to pop it up on a pop dot. There are actually 5 layers to that greeting...can you believe it? So not me! I rounded the one corner of my Sophia/Cooper layer to balance out the large circular element. These 2 actually remind me of a wonderful book Julia has called Simon and Adele, a story about a girl and her little brother walking home from school in Paris where he leaves, loses, and forgets things all over the city on their way home. It's a wonderful book, especially if you'll be taking a child to Paris because it covers so much of the city.

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Look out World and Back to School Sophia by Paper Pretties

CS: Stamper's Select White,
Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Old Olive prints dsp, Not Quite Navy

Ink: Brilliance black, Old Olive , Not Quite Navy
Acc: circle punches, scalloped punch, corner rounder punch, prismacolor pencils, OMS, blending stumps

TFL!

9 comments:

  1. this is really sweet! well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana - this is Adorable!!! Beautiful Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMgosh Jana!! This is fantastic!!! I love that you put them together!! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. The images are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card Jana!! They look so cute together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your phrase of the day made me grin... I'm sure, my kids would rather say- Schule macht Spass, aber die Hausaufgaben nicht. School's fun, but homework is not.
    Love the cards you have on your blog. Are you in Germany right now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic!!! I can't wait to get my stamps so I can case this card!!! Love it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable little kids stamp! How perfect for school days!! Great job, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!