Monday, May 12, 2008

Watering Can gray

I got one made today! Man...I am SOOO far behind right now, I feel like I'll never catch up. But...I did get one card made today...WOOHOO! One of these days I'll actually feel rested and stamp up a storm...but until then sorry...this is all I've got!

I used one of the newer Paper Pretties sets Simply Special. I think I'm coloring challenged with this...because I'm not used to coloring with gray. Today, I used my markers to color onto watercolor paper, then used my aquapainter to blend it...a poor girl's Copics. I didn't go Jody style and use alcohol in my aquapainter...but think that would be fun to try. I'm slowly getting better with this watering can, but will work until I've beaten it. I think next I really need to use my prismacolors, but I had watercolor paper available so that's what I used.

You can't see the greeting so well as it's hidden by the grass (it's almost 9:30 so no light left in the house...just outside!) but it reads "You make even the simple things special" I really like that as an all purpose greeting. So appropriate for so many occasions, or no occasion at all!

Sorry...no deets tonight. Need to go to bed so I'll be ready for the taxi tomorrow morning. Have a great week everyone, and I'll be back next week hopefully with more cards to share! I'll be in Birmingham, Bath and the Dorset coast over the next 6 days...but wishing I was in my stamp room! :-)

TFL!

3 comments:

  1. I think you colored it fabulous!! Have fun on your next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jana!! I think your watering can is perfect - it looks so real!! :) Have fun on your trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Jana! Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!