Monday, February 23, 2009

Prettie Wednesday reject...

So for Wednesday I have to have a 1-layer card using only 1 image stamp, one greeting stamp, and one embellishment. Overall, not too hard for me since I love simple, and 1-layer, cards (unlike a lot of the other Pretties who've all been moanin' and groanin'!! ;-) So, I set to work on this card last week deciding to make it into an anniversary card for my parents. Tomorrow is their 47th wedding anniversary. WOW! And they were together for about 5 years before getting married since they were high school sweethearts!

So, I stamped the main image from Sealed With A Kiss (recently re-released in RUBBAH!) then masked over an area and stamped some hearts to create an outer border...and that is where I messed up! 2 image stampes!! Oh no!! Well...guess I have to redo my card for Wednesday, but I can post this one today! :-) I outlines the masked area with my black pen, and then covered the unmasked area with versamark and embossed with irridescent ice ep for some sparkle. Then, I colored in Luke and Lexi (AKA Jack and Sue!) stamped my greeting, then added some ribbon. Voila! Hope you like it mom and dad...it will be in the mail soon!

On Sunday March 1st, Paper Pretties will be having their monthly Stampin In Your Jammies party!! The party starts at 4pm PST and will last until 7pm. We will be issuing a challenge every hour so be sure to come and play along!! Besides the challenges, chatter, and all around fun, we will also be releasing Bunny Hop Sopia to the public as well as a new stamp set!! Sneak peeks will start on Friday, February 27th - here and on all the Prettie blogs!! Hope to see you there!!

And, since Paper Pretties is having a release that means it is time for another CUTIE PIE CONTEST!!! All you have to do to enter is upload a card you have made using Paper Pretties stamps to the Cutie Pie Contest gallery over at the Paper Pretties website. Entries must be in by no later than 8pm CST on February 28th to be considered for the prize. Besides getting to call yourself a CutiePie, you will also receive all the new stamps that are released on the 1st!! Good luck!!

I also wanted to add on a note about my coffee with Jackie P. week before last (OMG has it been that long already??) It was so much fun to meet her in person, she is such a wonderful sweet individual! Here's a photo of Jackie holding Jack - gives you some perspective on just how huge this little guy is already!! He's for sure a big ole' Chunk - makes Jackie look even tinier than she is!! Thanks for meeting us Jackie...can't wait to see you again!

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Sealed With A Kiss by Paper Pretties

CS: Pure Luxury White CS

Ink: Brilliance black
, versamark
Acc: Prismacolor Pencils, OMS, blending stumps, irridescent ice ep, SU! ribbon.

TFL!

7 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhh you make one layer cards look soooo easy LOL ... great card ...can't wait to see what you came up with for Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jana! And LOOK AT JACK! Oh my gosh. . .all the chub. . .I just LOVE it! I'll be he's so nice to squeeze! And Jackie looks ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...Jackie looks so tiny compared to Jack!! DEFINITELY doesn't look like a Premie now, LOL!! What a cutie pie!! BY the way, I LOVE your card..and if you ask me, since they are connected together on the stamp, that is one main image..but hey, atleast you got two done, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack is sooooooo cute! Can't believe he was a "premie".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Fun how the border gives it dimension so it looks like more than one layer! The photo of Jackie and Jack is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was MY pleasure!!! Jack is adorable!!!

    Love your card!!! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is a great card Jana!!! Look at that little (big) cutie! :) Love the cheeks and I'm so jealous you and Jackie got to hang out! Can't wait until summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!