Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Prettie Wednesday 3 by 3

German Phrase of the Day: Wir mussen abmeldung. = We need to unregsiter. Here in Germany, you register in the city you live in. Not to pay taxes, or for anything beyond them knowing you live where you live. You need to show your registration (or prove it in some cases) for various things...although it's rarely come up. However, now that we are leaving we have to "un" register (abmeldung) and EVERYBODY seems to want a copy of that. Which means to cancel many things, we have to wait and send stuff out within just 3 days of leaving. Phew...a little bit down to the wire for me...but we'll manage. But that means, just 3 days from now we're getting on a plane and leaving. OMG...it's scary writing that, and I'm writing this more than a week ahead of time (yes, I'll admit, I've been pre-writing my posts so I can keep providing YOU with eye candy even though I'M most likely completely insane by now!)

ETA: 10am German time, and we are officially abgemeldet (unregistered.) A totally painless process, now to make the copies!! And yes, in case you were wondering, I actually AM going crazy now that it's down to the wire and I still have plenty of packing to finish. Of course, not so much so that I can stay away from you all! ;-)

Anyway, on to the card. Jodi challenged all the Prettie girls to make a 3 by 3 card a few weeks ago, and I loved her for it! This, I could handle even with the limited supplies I still had available. The base is some lovely bazzill textured cardstock topped with some Webster's Pages patterned paper from the Paper Pretties boutique. Isn't it lovely?? The sentiment and the beach bag are both on stamper's select white and colored with an aquapainter and my SU! watercolor crayons. I colored around the image with a little Sahara Sand to try to tone down the bright white a little. The ribbon is some navy grosgrain.

Happy Hump Day everyone...I hope the rest of your week is great. Think happy thoughts for me as we get closer to the big M day! :-)

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Soakin Up the Sun by Paper Pretties

CS:
Stamper's Select White, blue textured Bazzill paper, Webster's Pages DP

Ink: Brilliance black

Acc: WWC, aquapainter, navy grosgrain, circle punches, ticket corner punch, word window punch

TFL!

9 comments:

  1. What a great little card - love the dp!! so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you at all for scheduling your posts! I know how exhausting it can be - you should take some time off if you need it! Being PG & Moving and all! bless your heart! I LOVE your 3x3 card! it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card! Good luck with everything, moving from city to city is hard enough, moving countries I couldn't imagine! But you'll be settled in California before you know it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana, this is so sweet! I LOVE this little number!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card Jana - just looking at it made me relax!

    Try to take some time for yourself - if you need to take some time off we totally understand, we'll miss your creations but we want you to take care of you first - big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you are organized enough to get ANY stamping done right now! Amazing. Funny reading your post about un-registering! It must be a European thing...we had to do the same when we moved from Geneva! Have a safe flight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMgosh, I would totally be going crazy...try to take it easy!!! Good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jana! That is one adorable card! I like the dp, punched corners, and that image! Cute!

    Can not believe you're down to just a few more days! How exciting and exhausting! I'm sending lots of happy thoughts and good wishes for a good move and safe travels back to the U.S. Can not wait to meet you in person! ((hugs)) Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Wow Wow Jana!! This is GORGEOUS!! I am so glad you were excited about making a 3X3!! LOVE every bit of this card! That beach bag is one of my favs!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!