Thursday, August 07, 2008

September SOTM Peek...

German Phrase of the Day: Herbst kommt. = Fall is coming. And with it, all the wonderful rich earthy tones that I love! I realize it's still a little ways off (further where I'm going!) but it will be here before we know it.

I used a color combo I found online (sorry, can't remember where) for this card, and decided to do a little color blocking as well. The 2 Close to Cocoa pieces are stamped with the flannel plaid background, the Really Rust piece with Paisley and the Certainly Celery piece with Aida cloth. But...it's the main image I love the most. Isnt' she just the cutest?? Sophia is busy raking up the leaves, probably so she and Cooper can jump in them. I know my brother used to rake all our leaves together and we'd jump in together. It was great fun!

I colored Sophia with my Aquapainter and WWC for this card since I don't have many earthy Prismacolor pencils yet...guess I'm gonna have to fix that soon! This Falling For You Sophia will be going out to all Stamp of the Month subscribers in September. She won't be available for purchase from the Paper Pretties Boutique though until October...so if you want her soon you'd best sign up! And don't forget to tell Christie I sent ya. I totally love this Sophia since she reminds me of my falls growing up in Maine. Fall in California just isn't quite the same. Oh well!

Have a wonderful day everyone...and I'll be back with my last post from Germany tomorrow.

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Falling for You by Paper Pretties , Paisley Background, Aida Cloth background, flannel plaid background

CS: Stamper's Select White, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Really Rust

Ink: Brilliance black,
Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Really Rust
Acc: WWC, Aquapainter, Satin Ribbon

TFL!

7 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card Jana! I love the colors and that ribbon is gorgeous! So happy you're liking this Sophia:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and sketch Jana!! This is so totally cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the color blocking - to pretty!! :) Oh my goodness are you ready???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very pretty Jana! I'm really liking the colors and how you color blocked the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous color combo, Jana! I don't think I can wait for this Sophia to come out in October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty!! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors! fabulous card Jana

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!