Sunday, January 18, 2009

Prettie Friday, Pretty late!

Ok...I have no excuse other than a screaming baby for being so late. I think I'll have to switch days with someone. In the meantime...I did get a chance to stamp this little cutie on Wednesday (of course, couldn't take the photos until Friday morning...then never got a chance to type until today!)

I used Danielle's Pretties Weekly Challenge #34 sketch for the layout, along with Flutter By Sophia. If you haven't checked them out yet, Danielle does an awesome challenge every week! This week's challenge involves making a box with either Sweets for the Sweet or Made with Love. You can even win a prize for playing along!

Back to the card, I used some fun flowered patterned paper to paper piece Sophia's dress, as well as for the circular back. The pink is pink Pirouette (with matching ribbon) and the base of the card is Certainly Celery. I colored Sophia with prismacolor pencils, and the flower and her jewelry were colored with Spica glitter pens. Oh...and notice the lovely large scalloped circle?? I finally got me some Nesties!! :-) Oh...and I'm sending this card along for Jen Del Muro's blog tart contest to Texas...click through to her blog for more info on how you could win lots of stamping goodness!!

I also have to say a huge THANK YOU to all the prettie girls! They sent me the most amazing box of goodies!!! I'll post photos of some of the handstamped items throughout the coming week or 2, but here's a photo of the entire contents. Don't you all wish you were me?? One of the best things about it was they each made me a 2 page spread for a 6 by 6 album...I mean what a lucky little guy Jack is to have his first baby album completed by some of the most talented stampers out there?? I just love it!!!

I hope you all have a very Prettie Week...oh...and we have some fun coming up for you this week, so stay tuned, and be sure to watch ALL the Prettie Blogs - you could win something HUGE!!

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Flutter By by Paper Pretties

CS: Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery Whisper White, PP ?

Ink: Palette Noir

Acc: prismacolor pencils, blending stumps, oms, grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder, nesties.

TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Very unique, love the art and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice thing for all the Prettie Girls to do. So creative, and Jack will surely look sweet in all those stamped onesies. What is it about stamping that brings out an amazing culture of women? I never met one that I didn't like.
    Thank you from Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous, dont you EVER worry about being late, LOL!! You have PLENTY to do, I'm sure. I just sit with my nephew 10hrs a day, and I can barely keep up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so sweet and SO worth the wait! Look at all that loot!! Lucky you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card!! Love seeing all that fun stuff together!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS Jana!! Well worth the wait! Don't stress girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and your take on the sketch Jana! And look at all the fabulous prezzies for Jack! I'm lovin' seeing what everyone made! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!