Monday, April 13, 2009

Just another Prettie Monday

And boy is it Manic! We had a wonderful Easter, but Julia is still coming down off her sugar high. I normally limit her to 1 sweet per day, but on Easter she had a few more, and boy did we see it. But I am so thrilled that my parents are here. I've not held Jack more in the last 2 days then in a normal week! It's wonderful to have 2 arms available to get things done (like clean up my stamping space so that I can get stamping this week!!)Today's project is from the Pretties release back on the first. Charmaine challenged us all to make a card using the clothes we were wearing as inspiration. That day (well the first half of the day, I had to change following a rather nasty spit-up incident!) I was wearing a green and grey nursing top, and some jeans that have a metal embellishment on the sides of the leg with metalic stitching and these metal brad-like things. They're kinda cute...and I thought this embellishment on the side looked kinda cool!
I love this Luke stamp and the whole Right on Par set. So perfect for cards for my dad...and he comes with such fun sayings...I love them all! I colored him with an aquapainter and ink pads, then paper pieced his shirt from this fun (very old) SU! dsp. I used the sage marker on his color to color it in a little darker. This really can't count as my dad since ic an't find my creamy caramel ink pad right now, and this Luke is MUCH too light to be my dad when it's golf season!! ;-)

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter Monday! Be sure to check out the awesome new Stamp Storage System we have over at the Pretties website. I can't wait for my binder to arrive, and to fill it up with all my Sophia stamps. There's no better way to keep them!!

Supplies:
Stamps:
Right on Par by Paper Pretties
CS: Sage Shadow,
whisper white, SU! dsp
Ink: Basic Black, sage shadow, blush blossom, chocolate chip, going gray

Acc: SU! marker, aquapainter,silver cord, silver brads

TFL!

3 comments:

  1. Very neat card!! The metal embellies on the side are so fun!! Tell your mom hi for me and have a great visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are able to celebrate your birthday sans kids with your parents there. Send them my love :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love his shirt!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!