Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nightstamper in the afternoon...

German Phrase of the Day: Der Hund bellt. = The dog is barking. This is a phrase I'm sure our neighbors use frequently, since our dog does tend to bark a couple times per day. Especially when the kids are at our back gate teasing her hoping that I'll then come out to say "Maisy, no!" Poor dog.

Today's card is for the Featured Stamper challenge over at SCS. I quickly looked over Nitestampers gallery and was completely blown away by the incredible artwork I found! I loved so many of them...but this card of hers was by far my favorite! I just loved the layers, the colors, the use of embellishments. It was amazing!

For my card, I had to change the Groovy Guava to Soft Sky because I don't have any Groovy Guava double-stitched ribbon (a calamity I intend to correct as soon as possible!) because I don't like Groovy Guava...remember? LOL! I do now!! Anyway...I swapped in Soft Sky, I changed the stamp set (both for the images and for the greeting) and I used silver brads instead of white. Otherwise, it's a total CASE!

This card did take me quite a while to finish, what with all those layers, measuring, cutting, etc. But It was totally worth it! I LOVE this card. And so when I stamped "You're my favorite" the greeting could be as much about the card as the recipient. One thing is for sure...it will have to go to a VERY special person! Looking at the card now I'm thinking it really could use a little glitter on the flowers. Perhaps I'll add some stickles before I send it out to anyone as an extra special addition! :-)

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! I also made cards for Beate's weekend sketch challenge and Jeanne and Sherry's Just Because We Wanna challenges today, so I'll upload them this week too! Oh...and I just saw I've gone past the 50K mark, so I'll be having some blog candy this week too!! Yipee!!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Both Way Blossoms, retired SU! greeting set
CS: Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate, Rose Red Prints DSP

Ink:
Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery marker
Acc:
Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon, silver brads, word window punch

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the color combo - you picked a great card to case Jana!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and color combo. I really like the accent tabs and the way the layout showcases this vertical stamp. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!