Friday, December 14, 2007

Stamping with friends

German Phrase of the Day: Mein Computer ist kaputt. = My computer is broken. Kaputt is one of our favorite words. It was so funny to us when we first heard the word in Germany and realized that is how you say something is broken. We have so many slang words that have been appropriated from German.

Last week a friend of mine came over to make a few special Christmas cards. She wanted a special design for her girlfriends, a special one-of-a-kind card for her brother and new SIL, and then a more solemn card for the few older folks on her list (like her parents!) We sat down together and designed 2 new cards - for the more solemn card we cased this card I did a while back.

This first card is the special one for her brother and SIL who are expecting. We had some fun stamping this one, with lots of masking! Initially, we kept the teddy bear that is coming out of one of the bags on the left on teddybella, but it was too cluttered so we chose not to stamp it and it came out much better! She loved how fixafella looks a lot like her bro - which figures since I think Lisa likes a lot like Bella!

For the girlfriends card, we used Presentahbella. I actually purchased this stamp because I knew Lisa liked it and thought she would enjoy using it! While designing the cards together, I helped with color selection and the overall design of the card. I did much of the stamping for her, and let Lisa concentrate on watercoloring the images. Since she is quite an accomplished artist I figured this was the best way to break it down and keep us both busy while creating them.

On this Presentahbella card, we came up with the idea to hang the sentiment (from PaperTrey Ink) off Bella's ankle. Isn't that adorable? We just used some silver cord tied in the back so it doesn't show!! I love how little details like that really make a card.

We had a lot of fun making these cards together. I'll have to get Lisa all setup to stamp her own cards next year after I've moved back to the States...I've created another addict! :-)

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Teddybella, Fixabella, Presentahbella by StampingBella, Holiday Wishes by Papertrey Ink
CS: Watercolor paper, creamy Caramel, cranberry crisp, always artichoke, retired SU! DSP, blue bayou, whisper white, wintergreen DSP

Ink: Palette Noir,
creamy Caramel, cranberry crisp, always artichoke, blue bayou
Acc: sponge, aquapainter, word window punch, spica glitter pen, WWC, silver cord, purely pomegranate satin ribbon, stitched cranberry crisp ribbon, ticket corner punch

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. I love how you hung the sentiment by the bella's foot! Super adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is allot of masking! love them both

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!