Monday, December 24, 2007

Pink and Green Penquin

German Phrase of the Day: Es wird ein langer Winter. = It will be a long winter. I don't know about how long the winter will be, but it sure is a long night nowadays!! Actually, I think this winter will at least seem shorter than last winter, because we have more plans to break it up with travel and visitors. :-)

Last week while I was playing with my GinaK stamps, I decided I needed to use this cute little penguin. The color scheme is from a new Simply Scrappin' Kit that SU! is offering in the newest catalog (mine hasn't arrived yet...but I've seen sneak peak photos aplenty!) I used Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi and Basic Grey along with my Stamper's Select white. I colored the penguin in with an aquapainter and ink pads, and of course added a little liquid appliqué to his hat, since I've been on such a kick lately!

For the snowflakes, I used the Snow Flurries set stamped in Regal Rose. Yeah, pink snowflakes! That's what's magical, right? I stamped just the Magic portion of the sentiment from the Sandy Claws set...I love how easy it is to ink up just a portion of a sentiment when using unmounted stamps!!

The layout for this card is from CPS, and it's sketch # 23. I stole the idea of the curvy line from a sample made with this sketch they recently featured for the holiday cards they were featuring. That site is a fantastic source for ideas when you need a sketch! Oh...and the curvy cut was made using my new Creative Memories curvy cutter. I just love that thing and am so happy to have it now!!

I sponged all the layers, put it together, and tied the ribbon. A super fast, 4 1/4" square card. It was the perfect thing to get me moving that day!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Sandy Claws is Coming to Town by GinaK Designs Snow Fluries
CS: Stamper's Select white, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose, Basic Grey

Ink: Palette Noir,
Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose, Basic Grey, black watercolor crayon, more mustard
Acc: aquapainter, dazzling diamonds glitter, liquid applique, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbons, CM curvy cutter

TFL!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!