Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Tree ornament

German Phrase of the Day: Bitte versteh' mich nicht falsch. = Please don't get me wrong. Let me tell you, this phrase is one of my pet peeves. My feeling is, if someone has to preface a statement with this or "Please don't take this the wrong way" then maybe they shouldn't be saying it. I can take constructive criticism, so long as it is that. Oh well..just one of my pet peeves. :-)

Here's an ornament I made as a sample for my ornament class I had last week. I used the holiday chipboard from SU! and covered it with real red craft ink, them embossed with Glassy Glaze embossing powder twice to get good coverage. I then sandwiched the photo between this piece and a solid square piece covered with some Dashing DSP. On the back I have Julia's name and the year. Now I've decided I have to go back and make one for every year out of her picture with Santa. Michelle...got any extra chipboard?? ;-)

I used some Red gingham to cover the seam, and I used my new crop-a-dial to set the jumbo eyelets (they are double set so it looks good no matter which side you are looking at! I finished it off with some silver cord and the wide celery grosgrain bow. Ok, can I say it again? Isn't she adorable? A total devil tonight, but still adorable!! :-)

Not sure if I'll post again until we get back from Nurnberg on Sunday, so everyone have a great weekend, and stay sane!! Christmas will be over soon. :-)

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: none

CS: Dashing (on back)

Ink: real red craft ink

Acc: chipboard, red gingham ribbon, wide celery ribbon, silver cord, pewter large eyelets, crop-a-dial, glassy glaze ep

TFL!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!