Monday, August 31, 2009

Prettie Peek Day 2

For today's Prettie Peek, I have a wonderful new Sophia stamp, all ready to grace your Thanksgiving creations! Season of Thanks will be released on Tuesday, September 1st along with 3 other BRAND NEW stamp sets, and the August Stamp of the Month - Story Time Sophia. You don't want to miss the great Stamping In Your Jammies party we have planned over in the Paper Pretties Forum for Tuesday starting at 5pm Pacific Time. A good time will be had by all, and there will even be prizes!!For today's card, I decided to make a Thanksgiving Dinner invite. Doesn't she look ready to help everyone celebrate a season of gratitude for a wonderful bounty? I used one of my favorite techniques to make her really shimmer and shine - faux diamond dust. After stamping and coloring my image (with a combination of Copics and SU! markers) on some very vanilla cardstock I covered the die cut image with versamark and then some iridescent ice embossing powder. I love the look of this technique with vanilla carstock...it adds a lovely golden sheen.I used the You're Invited stamp from Danielle's Home Sweet Home set...it's so versatile!

Be sure to check the peeks on all the other Prettie blogs listed below, and I'll be back tomorrow with one last peek before the big party tomorrow night!

5 comments:

  1. love the sparkle look of this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at that cutie shine! What a great idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Look at that shimmer!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana this is so cool looking!! LOVe the sparkles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jana, I just love all that shimmer!! Thank you for sharing the details, I will just have to try the technique!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!