Friday, December 18, 2009

SU! Friday - More Christmas Cards!

A few weeks back Michelle and I finally got to play with the double embossing technique everyone has been so excited about. This is where you use a template to leave an open space inside your embossed paper...and it looks REALLY cool!! The first place I saw this was on Patty Bennet's blog (she's amazing, isn't she?) And since then it's been everywhere!My white layer is shimmery white cardstock run through the big shot with the petals aplenty embossing folder. I then stamped the holy wreath in the center (leaves inked with old olive, berries with real red) then stamped Merry Christmas inside that. This is layered on Old Olive and a Real Red card with some old olive taffeta ribbon.

So, how are YOUR Christmas cards coming along??

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I am going to have to look up how to do that technique.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! And, I love your new blog header and background!!!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. How simple but so elegant! Love all the embossing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!