Thursday, April 24, 2008

New GinaK Stamps!!

German Phrase of the Day: Ja, gerne. = Yes, that would be nice. (Or more literally translated it means Yes, gladly!)

I was so excited to get home from all my travels and discover that my new GinaK stamps had arrived! YEAH!! Although I am very sad that this was my last release as part of the Guest Design Team, I have had so much fun during my 3 month stint! I strongly encourage everyone to apply for the next round...Gina is such a lovely person to work with, and so generous!! I know I'll be trying out again once I'm settled back in in the states! :-)

The first card I made was with the new King of the Grill set. My dad LOVES golf. He golfs whenever he can, which now that he's retired is fairly regularly. My daughter always asks her Nana on the phone "Where's Grampy, Golfing?" My dad has a green golf bag (at least, I'm pretty sure it's green) so I thought these colors would work well. I colored the bag with Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss markers, and used the 2 grays from the neutral marker set to color the clubs and metal clasps. I stamped the bag first onto stamper's select white with palette noir ink, then masked the bag to stamp the clubs inside it.

I started with an Always Artichoke base with a layer of Mellow Moss stamped with the flannel background in Always Artichoke and then sponged on top of that. The strip of stiped paper is from some VERY old retired SU! DSP, and I used Gina's new masculine bling screw brads to anchor the strip. Originally, I wanted to use the Happy Father's Day stamp on here...but it wouldn't fit and I wasn't feeling up to splitting it into two lines...so I decided to make it a birthday card instead. Guess I'll have to save it for quite a while - or maybe dad will need it for one of his golf buddies!

Ok...more GinaK tomorrow! Off to get my little bug bug very soon. :-)

Supplies: (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted)
Stamps: King of the Grill from GinaK Designs
, flannel background
CS: stamper's select white, always artichoke, mellow moss, retired SU! DSP

Ink: brilliance graphite black, always artichoke, mellow moss, going gray and basic gray markers
Acc: GinaK Bling & Dazzle Screw Brads

TFL!

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. My husband is a golfer and I am certain that he would love this card too.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!