Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Prettie Wednesday with Masking

German Phrase of the Day: Vielen Dank! = Many Thanks! Vielen Dank to all of you who keep coming back to visit me...it really makes my day to know you all choose to come see my work. :)

2 weeks ago Joanne challenged the Prettie Girls to make a card using the masking techique. I wanted to something cool with reverse masking, etc...but in the end I got lazy! So, I stamped sweet little Sophia here, masked her using my eclipse masking tape, and stamped the oval under her feet to ground her. I know...kinda lame...but hey at least I got it done in time, right?

I used some gorgeous new Webster's Pages patterned paper that Christie sent to me in a recent box. Is she the best or what?!? She sent me this awesome box with lots of yummy designer papers, and some other fun new toys to play with. Boy, did I feel loved!! For the layout, I used CPS sketch #57. I used my CM curvy cutter to cut the paper...just love that thing!

As usual, I watercolored Sophia with an aquapainter and my watercolor wonder crayons (which is actually the challenge for next week...that was an EASY challenge for me!) The oval under Sophia was stamped with River Rock. The card base is a lovely textured Bazzill paper (also courtesy of Christie!) And I dressed her up with a little white taffeta ribbon and some half pearl stickers. I sure hope Julie likes it!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday (yeah...it's hump day!) and I'll be back with more fun tomorrow!

Supplies: (all supplies from Paper Pretties unless noted)
Stamps: Cuddle Me from Paper Pretties

CS: Very Vanilla from SU!, Bazzill textured blue, Webster's Pages patterned paper

Ink: brilliance graphite black, river rock
Acc: SU! watercolor crayons, aquapainter, ticket corner punch, taffeta ribbon, half pearls, CM curvy cutter

TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Stunning Jana! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is so prettie! Love the pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me??!!! I LOVE it! Anything you make always makes me smile and I love that cute Sophia! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there...did you get to make this card before heading out today? It's sooooo beautiful!!!!

    So happy I finally got to meet you today and anxious to spending more time with you and your wonderful little one when you guys get back to the States!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so completely adorable!!! Love it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!