Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

German Phrase of the Day: Du kommst immer zu spat! = You are always late! (spat is pronounced shpayt)

As usual...I'm late! I just finished daddy's card about 10 minutes ago...and it's father's day already! Guess he'll have to enjoy it online for a while before he gets it in person.

I used Fishabella and Fishafella (because I've told you I always fished with my dad) and and I even made a faux fishing fly to go with it. I'm so impressed with myself! I used a paperclip and some of my retired fancy fibers...and I think it looks great!

For the chocolate chip piece, I stamped it with the weathered background (chocolate chip ink) and then sponged on a little white craft ink to age it a little more. As usual I colored with my aquapainters and WWC...and did you notice? I even gave the fish a bit of a pinkish tummy - just like the brook trout dad and I used to catch! :-)

I love you Daddy!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Fishabella and Staceyfishabella from Stampingbella, weathered background, AYC (I, II, or III I'm not sure!)
CS:
Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Mellow Moss, Papertrey Ink white cs
Ink:
Jet Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip, ruby red, white craft
Acc: Aquapainter, watercolor wonder crayons, ticket corner punch, coluzzle, paper clip, fancy fibers


TFL!
-Jana

6 comments:

  1. Cute, cute - Love this card. I don't have any Fellas yet, but I must! I know your dad will like it - even if he doesn't have it in hand - : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! i love fisherfella-great job on the fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card....Dad's going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I'm planning on making my dad's card with this guy too! Ok, so I'm just a little late! :) Cute card Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable. I love that you used both the bella and Fella together.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh my I have missed sooo much of your stuff. Very strange but I have to go into your 2007 archive to see anything part June 5th. I am happy I now have figured that out as I was begining to wonder....Love this card Jana!!!

    *hugs*

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!