Thursday, June 28, 2007

Circle Journal intro...

German Phrase of the Day: Morgen fruh kommen meine Freunde zu Besuch. = Tomorrow morning my friends are coming to visit. Therefore...I must be quick because I'm trying to clean. What's worst is one of my German friends is coming over this afternoon...and German women are such AMAZING housekeepers. I mean, this woman has 2 kids under 4, a husband who works in Berlin during the week, and her house has been spotless every time I've seen it. Sorry...that's just not me!

Ok...so here is the Intro and Instructions pages of my circle journal. Since my theme is nature I went with pretty flowers for these pages. I figured that was the best with such heavily texted pages! These came together pretty quickly once I got the stuff written and printed. Oh, and I used the SU Pittipat font...I just love that one! And, since I was printing on whisper white cardstock, I wanted to cover all the vanilla so I used my spiral punch to fir the regal rose over the binding. This is such a fun project...I can't wait to show you all the 2-page spread I made...but you'll have to wait until Saturday for that one.

Hmmmm...Saturday. My catalog will be here Saturday. Maybe I won't be typing to you at all because I'll be glued to my new catty...perhaps I should write everything up beforehand.. ;-)

Have a great day!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Office Accoutrement, newsprint alpha, fresh fruits
CS:
regal rose, whisper white
Ink:
regal rose, certainly celery, apricot appeal
Acc: sponge, spiral punch, journaling fonts.

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. Another pretty layout Jana! I'm so glad to hear about your house . . . that way when you come here you won't mind my mess! :) There are so many more important things than a spotless house (it is clean when and where it counts though - it's really not that bad!!)

    How's that for wishy-washy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh Jana! I am in this swap too and although I have my journal I have been clueless where to start. I am so glad you have posted your beginnings. It is helping my little brain start churning some ideas. I can't wait to see what everyone does.

    Charmaine G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pages so far! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!