Thursday, February 18, 2010

MFT Valentines...

I'm getting behind in all my posting. But the good news is I've been creating LOTS! Just haven't been getting them up here!

Here are 2 MFT Valentines I made recently for the Wednesday Stamp Club. The current inspiration is to create a basket...but I'm waiting for my new stamps before starting on that project!! However, last week's inspiration was to create a Valentine (or to use the new love birds set that Amanda Baird illustrated...or a few other things!) Since I had forgotten to buy the Amanda Baird set when doing my release night order, I stuck with Valentines (but don't worry, that set is coming in this new order!!)

This first card was for my husband. We moved to a house with a pool last summer - which included a pool maintenance company. However, I often tease him that he should take over the pool maintenance (not that he actually has time) just so I can tell everyone that I'm sleeping with my pool boy! LOL!!I paper pieced the wallpaper with some basic gray paper, and colored the rest with markers. I added a little crystal effects to the tv screen to give it some dimension as well.I finished off the inside with another strip of the dp, and another sentiment from the Maid for You set as well. LOVE this set!!My second card for you was for a good friend of mine, and I have to say she LOVED it! I used the Bling Bet alphabet set and the new Twisted Threesome both from MFT. I stamped LOVE with chocolate chip craft ink to get good dark coverage, then added the crystals. (I bought a cordless heat tool for adhering crystals at CHA and LOVE it! I actually finished this card in the parking lot of Starbucks while my daughter was at her German class last week!) I added a sentiment from Twisted Threesome to the inside, and that was the only part my friend objected too...she said cross out "next marriage"! It is now displayed on her desk - so glad she appreciated it!!Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to come back tomorrow for the next I Dream of Stamping Winter Card Olympics challenge - it's one of my personal favorites!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!