Friday, February 12, 2010

SU! Friday - CPS153

Happy Friday everyone. I don't know about you, but we have a 3 day weekend (which is the beginning of February break here!) and I know I'M looking forward to having some downtime while DH takes care of the kids for a few hours. Hopefully I can spend that time in my stamp room and finally finish getting it organized again!!I was so excited to finally get to play with another CPS sketch this week. After looking at it and thinking a great deal, I decided to pull out some of my new SU! stuff that I got last month. I just love this new Sweet Pea designer paper pad - there are so many amazing designs to choose from, and the colors are fabulous! I paired it up with the fun new I {heart} hearts set, and was good to go!I started with a kraft card base of 4.25 by 8.5 folded in half, with a layer of chocolate chip (4" square) and then bermuda bay (3.5" square) and finally the sweet pea designer paper layered on that. I sponged everything with chocolate chip ink, and wrapped the ribbon around the bermuda bay/sweet pea layer before adding the punched heart with some dimensionals. That whole piece was then added to the chocolate chip layer with another set of dimensionals. of course, I had to have a button too.....so I added this one with some white DMC floss.

I loved this card so much, I went back and made a few more to give to my friends for their valentine this year. I hope you enjoyed it as well! Have a very happy Valentine's day everyone! Oh...and be sure to keep coming back over the weekend...there's something BIG coming!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty take on the challenge! Thanks for playing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - love the bow and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!