Friday, February 19, 2010

Ice, Ice Baby

Sorry...I couldn't help myself. When Julia was little we taught her to say that because it was sooo dang cute! For today's challenge over on the I Dream of Stamping blog you need to have some ice and/or snow on your card - in whatever format you want! I've been trying to keep up with the olympics (only 2 days behind right now) and just watched Lindsey Vonn win gold, and Louie Vito miss out on bronze, so I'm seeing plenty of snow and ice!For today's card, I used a digital image I purchased from Heather Ellis, the illustrator of the adorable new Pure Innocence line of stamps Kim has over at My Favorite Things (all of which are currently in stock last I heard!) Since I obviously don't have enough of these cuties (I have all but 2 I believe!) I had to go in search of more and found Heather's etsy site with her digital images. As a general rule, I don't care for digital images because I don't have a printer that works with my computer and can only print from dh's laptop. So, when I print, I tend to print a lot at once!!!I did very little coloring on this little cutie, just her hair & skin, some shading on the tub, a little shading for the bubbles, and the heart. I then cut her out with my circle nesties and covered the whole bit with versamark ink. I embossed it with SU's iridescent ice ep, then set her aside (under something heavy so the piece wouldn't curl!) I wanted to use Mercy's tuesday sketch which I really liked, but I had to change it up a little to work with this round image. I didn't want to use squares, and when I punched some circles it looked off. Michelle was here and we finally agreed flowers were the way to go for those side elements. These (and the brads) are some from GinaK from 2 years ago. I'm really happy with the final result!!Oh...and did you notice the stitching on there? My husband finally had some time to take a look at my sewing machine last weekend, he cleaned it out and oiled it, and it works FABULOUSLY now! I'm so excited, you'll start seeing a lot more sewing on my cards, since my machine will be sitting on my desk from now on! WOOHOO! I added some more dp to the inside of the card (this is from the SU! Sweet Pea designer pack) and a sentiment from the Serentiy Now MFT mini set.

Now...go work on your Icy challenge card and link it up over on the I Dream of Stamping blog. you could win a great new stamp set!!

6 comments:

  1. that is soo cute! love the fun image and all the sparkle! (heee..on the ice ice baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I am dying...love this! And I have this image sitting on my desk right now. Off to play since you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a darling take on the sketch and I love the bubbles!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you do the scallop around the girl in the tub card?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!