Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Paint Can Fun!

Ok...so not exactly a brand new creation, but at least something different! One last project I created while visiting my wonderful friend Rachel in Claremont is this darling paint can. She was holding a class while I was there, so I got to make my own project as well! :-)

For this project, I used the Loves Me designer paper, Flirty Ribbon and the Sweet on You and Happy Thoughts stamp sets, all from the Winter Mini Catalog. In addition, I used Whisper White and Taken with Teal CS, and Regal Rose and Taken with Teal ink. I just love how the images from Sweet on You fit right in our circle punches...I used the 1 3/8" punch for this project because I wanted to keep a hint of white around the outside edge.

I used Mod Podge to adhere the designer paper to the can so it would be nice and smooth, and to give it a little gloss (and protection!) and then adhered the rest of the elements after the Mod Podge had dried. To adhere the ribbons, I just used SNAIL, which was perfect!

For the top of the can, I used the Coluzzle to cut out the circle of Taken With Teal CS, and then stamped it with images from Happy Thoughts by inking just the image or the word. I only used SNAIL for the top of the can.

I hope you have enjoyed this project...watch for more to come soon! With my hubbie traveling again this week, maybe I"ll actually get some stamping done in the evenings!! :-)

TFL!
-Jana

1 comment:

  1. too cute!!! I have only made the small ones but will one of these days attept a bigger one.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!