Thursday, January 25, 2007

Stampin' Class!


Today I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting another SU demonstrator here in the Dusseldorf area, Christina B. She's from Canada, and goes back there quite regularly to hold workshops and work her "day job." Today, she did a little mini class at the home of one of my American scrappin' buddies, and we made 2 fabulous cards! I just had to share them!!

This first card uses Bodacious Bouquet - one of my new favorites as several of you know! She paired it up with the retired Sassy paper cut and folded into a mini envelope. It was layered onto another strip of Sassy paper which was mounted onto a Real Red card. The flowers were stamped with Green Galore, Real Red, Only Orange and Pink Passion, but out and mounted (at varying heights) using SNAIL and either 1 or 2 dimensionals (it's hard to tell in the photo, but the green and one pink are flush with the cs, the orange and 2nd pink are with 1 dimensional, and the red has 2 dimensionals!) It was then finished off with a bit of black grosgrain ribbon. As many of you know, I really don't like having to cut things out, but it was such a beautiful card, it was worth it! :-)

The second card I just LOVED! I've been wanting the Happy Hearts stamp set for almost 2 years now, but have held out...but I got to use it today!! The card base is Chocolate Chip CS, with a rectangle of Rose Red on top (with the torn edge) then came the strip of Close to Cocoa with the antique brads. On top of this is a square of Bravo Burgundy and the stamped and (once again) cut out hearts. These were stamped with Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red and I think Regal Rose - but I'm not positive on that last color. Again, I have the hearts all at different heights! And lastly, we have LOVE stamped with alphabits and punched out with a little heart shaped non-SU punch. SOOO cute!!!

Thanks Christina for all the fun...can't wait for you to come and see all my fun toys!! :-)

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the heart card! So cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Valentine. Thanks for sharing and glad to hear you are getting to know some fellow stampers in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards - I like the heart one too and have been wanting it as well but always hold off because I think it's going to retire!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!