Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Almost Valentine's Day!


The various valentine's I sent back to the US have been arriving, so I decided I can start posting some here. First, I want to show you the beautiful card that inspired several of my Valentine's this year. It was created by my wonderful friend and downline Michelle. Be sure to check out her SU! site when you get a chance, she's a wonderful artist! Anyway, she sent me this adorable card that people made at her Sell-A-Bration open house last month, and I just love it!!

So, looking at that card I created a few of my own stealing a few of her design elements! I really liked the faux stitching and the inclusion of the flower with the brad. I wheeled a full sheet of pretty in pink CS with the Lots of Hearts wheel and a pretty in pink ink cartridge. So, I just chopped that up and used it to layer on a few cards. This card also used Taken With Teal for the card base, and Chocolate Chip CS for layering. And of course I had to add some ribbon, and I therefore used Chocolate and Rose grosgrain ribbons. The flower was punched using the Spring Bouquet Flower punch and the brad is from the Soft Subtles collection of brads. And, I just used markers to color in the friends image.

For the sentiment at the bottom I used the Small Sayings set from the Winter Mini catalog. I am really liking this set - the sayings are just perfect!

Anyway, thanks Michelle for the inspiration! I always know when I get something from you it will be amazing! :)

TFL!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!