Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Splitcoast Color Challenge...

Ok...so today was the 100th Color Challenge on Splitocast. I'll admit, I'm not always great about posting to splitcoast (altho trying to be better!) But when I saw this color combo I KNEW I had to make a card! And, once I got to my stamp room and started thinking about sets, etc...I thought "Gee...I've always wanted to make a buckle card. Maybe I should try that!" and away I flew to Beate's AMAZING tutorial to make a Big Buckle Card.

This card was actually quite easy to make. Had I known how easy the buckle cards are I would have made them ages ago! I strongly encourage you all to try it if you haven't yet.

SO, for this card I used the Happy Harmony set. I just love all the different sayings, and the flowers are so delicate looking...perfect for Blush Blossom! I again did the expressionistic watercolor with the WW Crayons and watercolor paper. I lightly spritzed on some extra blush with my color spritzer, and then gently sponged the edges with some chocolate chip.

I stamped the front of the Cool Caribbean card with same color ink and the Linen stamp for some texture. For the greeting, I inked it up on my Cool Caribbean pad, then just colored the 2 words with the chocolate chip marker...a real time saver over doing the whole thing with markers - and great for when you don't have a certain color marker!

Oh yeah...last thing I did was I colored my organdy ribbon. I ran it over my blush blossom ink pad holding it down with a sponge...just gives it a hint of color! Now to figure out who to send this card to. Are there any card-worthy souls out there? :-) I'm sure I"ll find one or 2.

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. This card is just terrific...one of the best I have seen for CC100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card! the layout is stunning, the colors, the stamps, everything. what a very pretty card! you make the buckle sound so easy, someday i may try it... beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!