Sunday, March 09, 2008

Life is a couple of cherries!

German Phrase of the Day: Kommen Sie zum Fest mit mir? Will you come to the party with me? Tonight is THE NIGHT!! Stamping in Your Jammies combined with the release of 2 new stamp sets from Paper Pretties. I'm so excited about these new sets, I'm even gonna drag my lazy behind out of bed at 1am so I can party with you all...won't you please come? 8pm EST (don't forget to move your clocks ahead if you haven't yet...I don't do that myself for a couple more weeks!) I'll meet you in the Prettie Forum.

Last week when I was making this card for Jen's Sketch for You to Try, I couldn't stop at just one card with these lucsious supplies, so I made another super quick card while I had everything out. Isn't this cute? It's one of those wonderful 10 minute cards that I just love...made easy with punches and designer paper.

I inked the cherries up with my markers, real red and Old Olive., then stamped them. I punched them out with my 1 3/8" circle punch, then mounted it on a scallop punched real red cardstock. For the card, I used a 4.25" by 11" piece of real red CS folded in half with a strip of Summer Picnic DSP layered on Old Olive cs. The gingham ribbon adds an extra pop of summer.

Lastly, I stamped a sentiment from the new Full of Life stamp set with one of my favorite quotes. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. Isn't that just so true?? I inked the sentiment with real red ink, then using my old olive marker I inked over Life and Other Plans to make them stand out even more.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Full of Life
CS: Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP, Real Red, Old Olive

Ink: Real Red, Old Olive

Acc: red gingham ribbon, circle punche, scallop punch, dimensionals


TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. your card is SO cheerful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute, Jana! I hope you sleep well until 1am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. I have these supplies and you used them so well! Love the way you used that cherry paper. TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!