Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Prettie Peek...

I'm back, and this time I have a Prettie Peek for you all!!

I just love this new set coming out on SUNDAY (note the date change!!) It's called Flutterby, and I just think this little Sophia is TOOO cute! Reminds me so much of my little girl (well, except I could NEVER get Julia's hair into a ponytail like that...she HATES having her hair put up!) I really love Sophia's bare feet, and her sweet little smile. Be sure to check the other Prettie Girl blogs for more sneak peeks at the 2 sets debuting on Sunday

I whipped this card up this afternoon, so I thought I might as well include today's sketch challenge from SCS along with the color challenge from yesterday. These colors certainly were challenging for me...but I think it turned out ok.

I stamped her with Brilliance Graphite Black on Stamper's Select White, then colored her in with my watercolor crayons and aquapainter. I stamped the Aida cloth background on the Wild Wasabi layer to give it some texture...was going for a grassy lawn look. The So Saffron layer is from the Prints DSP pack, and I thought the flowers would go well with this image. One of my favorite parts of this set is the sentiment...Flutter your Wings and Fly. Not only is it a wonderful sentiment, perfect for so many occasions, I also LOVE the mixture of fonts!!

Now...we've changed the launch date from my previous post. It is going to be on Sunday, March 9th starting at 8pm EST. Be sure to come by the the Paper Pretties Forum and register beforehand if you haven't already. I will be getting up for this one (yes, it is 2am German time, I'm insane...I know!) but we're combining the launch with SIYJ (Stamping in Your Jammies for those who don't know the lingo!) and it's going to be FUN!!! Charmaine is our hostess this time, and she's got some great challenges lined up for us. I can't wait!!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Flutterby from Paper Pretties, Aida Cloth BG by SU!
CS: Stamper's Select White, Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron Prints DSP

Ink: Palette Noir

Acc: watercolor crayons, Aquapainter, ticket corner punch, white taffeta ribbon

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Sophia looks great in those colors Jana - great card!! :) You are INSANE to get up at 2 a.m.!!! Totally dedicated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty. The stamp is adorable. Great design Jana. I enjoy looking at your work very much.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!