Saturday, March 15, 2008

A sketch, some colors, and some new Rubbah!

German Phrase of the Day: Er isst oft Marmorkuchen. = He often eats marble cake. Marble cake is very popular over here, and it is VERY yummy!! :-) I have yet to find a German Chocolate Cake though with the coconut/pecan frosting like I grew up with...perhaps I'll have to keep looking!

Today's card using Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #39 along with a color inspiration challenge that Kristina Werner has started over on her blog. I thought this sketch would work perfectly with my new Thinking of You set designed by Rupa Shevde.

I started with a square of whisper white and stamped the table and one chair using Basic Brown ink. I followed Gina's tutorial and cut both chairs off from the table so that I can stamp them going either direction. Next, I colored them with my prismacolor pencils and blended away with my OMS and blending stumps. I layered this onto Purely Pomegranate and declared that layer done. Next, I stamped the phone in Pretty in Pink onto some white scraps, then stamped the Call Me! in basic brown on top. I punched this with my 1 1/4" punch, and layered it on a 1 3/8" circle of Pumpkin Pie. Finally, I layered that onto a scallop circle of Chocolate Chip.

For the card base I used a 5.5" by 8.5" piece of chocolate chip cardstock folded in half. I layeredsome Pretty in Pink cardstock on top, after tying the Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon around the edge. Then, I attached the central image and popped up my greeting, and I was done. Notice how I sponged all the layers with just a hint of chocolate chip? It's a card for Beate's sketch, so it's GOTTA have some sponging!! :-)

Hope you all are enjoying your weekends! And did you check out the great new stamps from PaperTrey Ink yet?? WOW!! Can't wait to get my hands on some of that acrylic. :-)

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Thinking of You from
GinaK Designs
InkChocolate Chip, Basic Brown, Pretty in Pink

CS: Stamper's Select White, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate
Acc: Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon, sponge, prismacolor pencils, OMS, blending stumps

TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on this challenge, Jana--great coloring, and I also like this stamp with only the one one chair used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, American German Chocolate cake is not German. You won't find it with that frosting in Germany. Sorry! I almost gagged first time Rick made that cake (I don't eat coconut). Have you ever had Donauwelle? I LOVE that cake. Besides Schwarzwaelder Torte that's my favorite cake. HMMMMMM...
    Your card looks wonderful! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the sketch! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOO CUTE!! Love the stamps!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!