German Phrase of the Day: Umbau bin ich es. = Tag I'm it. Betchya didn't know that, did you?! I'll be honest, I cheated and looked it up on babelfish since I didn't know how to say tag in German - although I got the rest of it right. :-) Since Melanie (you know her, that awesome designer of stamps for GinaK!) tagged me, I figured I'd respond. You'll see my 7 weird facts below. :-)
Here's a quick card I made yesterday while working on my pretty card. It's the January Bella card of the Month from Paper Pretties...and I just love it! Of course, I didn't follow the directions EXACTLY, and I was too lazy to stamp the bags again and cut them out...but I like it! This paper is just fabulous...don't you agree?
I colored my Sweetie Bellas with WWC and aquapainter. I colored the curly haired one to look like me (altho I put on a bit too much eyeshadow - didn't realize how dark the Spica glitter pen was going to be!) and the other to look like my little bug. This is us in 10 years sitting together eating ice cream. Now if I could just know I'd look that good in 10 years. Who am I kidding...I don't look that good NOW!!! LOL! Julia is eating lemon ice cream (her favorite over here...boy is she going to be disappointed when we move back to the states and she can't get Lemon Eis anymore!) and I have a scoop of mint chip and a scoop of mocha. And of course, we've just spent a lovely afternoon of mother daughter bonding at the shops. Yes...I'm still in my little dream world. In 10 years she'll be 16 and want to have NOTHING to do with her mother...but a girl can dream, right?
Okay, now for the rules of the game:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I bit my fingernails my entire childhood and only stopped when I started getting acrylic nails put on when I was like 25 and working. Can't bite through those suckers!!
2. At one point I had over 2 dozen pets in my home. We had 1 African Gray Parrot, 1 lovebird, 3 cats, 1 pug, 3 snakes (I think) 2 box turtles, 2 tortoises, 1 frog, 1 bunny, 3 geckos and about 15 bearded dragons (our female laid a clutch of eggs and most of them actually hatched!) This was all right before I started dating my now husband in the home I shared with my then boyfriend.
3. My husband proposed to me underwater while scuba diving. He brought the ring down in his BC (Boyancy compensator - like a vest with air in it) and didn't even tie it to anything. Everyone always asks "But what if he'd dropped it?" I just tease him that he did that so he wouldn't have to actually say the words.
4. My all-time favorite dessert is a well prepared flourless chocolate cake with a tart raspberry sauce. MMMMMmmmmm!
5. I love to fish. My dad and "adopted" granpa taught me to fish when I was 5 years old, and within a few years I was baiting my own hooks and traipsing along-side my dad as we climbed through brush and muck to find the perfect fishing spots. Some of my best conversations I've had with my dad have been standing next to small brook or stream holding a fishing pole.
6. My mom has been a wonderful inspiration to me that women can do and be anything they want. She started as a medical secretary, then stay-at-home mom, real estate agent, road construction fore(wo)man, housecleaner and finally teacher. She also taught me you don't have to tie yourself to a career at 22!
7. I was 17 years old the first time I stepped foot on an airplane, and that first trip I flew from Bangor, Maine to Los Angeles, California. Within a week I had then flown up to Seattle and over to Japan!! Talk about starting big!
Ok...hope that was random enough for you all. Now to tag 7 others...
Phew...that was hard!
Supplies: (all supplies from Paper Pretties unless noted)
Stamps: Sweetiebellas by Stamping Bella
CS: Bazzill wild pansy, olive & atlantic, paper salon designer papers, ultrasmooth white
Ink: brilliance graphite black
Acc: SU! watercolor crayons, aquapainter, spica glitter pens, SU! Crafter's toolkit, jumbo brads, sparkly chipboard flowers