Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Prettie Peek

German Phrase of the Day: Darueber moechte ich nicht sprechen. = I don't want to talk about it. What, me?? Not talk about something? Impossible! ;-) I love to talk about things...especially this ADORABLE new set coming out from Paper Pretties on July 1st! I really love all the different stamps that come in this set, especially the sentiments!

I started this card with just the image of Sophia on her lounge chair, soaking up some rays and relaxing with her pup. As usual, she's colored to look like my daughter, with our dog Maisy - altho Maisy is a wee bit larger than this cute little pup!! She has on her pink bikini with a sparkly flower (courtesy of my Spica glitter pens) and her rose colored glasses.

After trimming around the stamped image there were these 2 big empty corners, so I thought I could use one of my lovely large Prima flowers to fill up some space. I'm not sure if it overwhelms dear little Sophia, but I know Julia will love it!! To further enclose that space, I added some pink rhinestones to the opposite corner creating my own little photo corner.

The image is so large a regular sized card would never work, and I have made so many square cards lately I wanted something different, so I went with a long one. I embossed half the card with my Swiss dots embossing folder, and then decided that this sentiment would be perfect for my little princess. When I was much younger, my mother had a Mary Engelbrecht mug that said "Queen of Everything" and I got to have one that said "Princess of Quite a Lot." When my sister was here this spring and Julia was playing princess as usual, she told this to Julia who now declares herself Princess of quite a lot rather frequently, but always remembering that I am the Queen of everything!

Don't forget to join us Tuesday night to Stamp in your Jammies with the Prettie Girls! We'll be in the Forum starting at 8pm EDT. Of course, we will have challenges and prizes, and tons of fun. I hope to "see" you there! And be sure to check the other Prettie Girl blogs (linked on right) for more Prettie Peeks, and go to the Paper Pretties site to see who's new in the Guest Room!

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Soakin Up the Sun by Paper Pretties

CS:
Bashful Blue, Purely Pomegranate, Stamper's Select White

Ink: Brilliance black

Acc: Prismacolor pencils, OMS, blending stumps, rhinestones, prima flower, rhinestone brad, 1/2" circle punch, swiss dot cb embossing folder, dimensionals, spica clear glitter pen

TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Hi...very creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darlin' card - love the flower accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a cute card, Jana! love the swiss dots on it & big 'ol flower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new stamp set...I can't wait to get my hands on it! Glad to know you are back at home! Colleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jana! This is precious!! LOVE every bit of this, especially that big fabulous flower!!! Where in Maine do you live? We vacation in Ogunquit all the time, in fact, we were just there 2 weeks ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute!! She's a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!