Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Prettie Wednesday

German Phrase of the Day: Ich liebe Dunkin' Donuts! = I love Dunkin' Donuts! I grew up in New England, a place where Dunkin' Donuts rules. I mean, where else do you see highway exit signs with Dunkin Donuts posted as a food option at that exit? Krispy Kreme has never stood a chance up there...not with the crappy excuse for coffee they serve and the poor choice in donuts.

When I was young there was a great Dunkin' Donuts commercial called "Time to Make the Donuts" which you can see on YouTube. In my household, if you had to get up early it was always "time to make the donuts." We also had donuts only on Sunday, because we lived close to the mall, and the mall was closed on Sunday (still had blue laws back then) and we could go over at 8:20pm Saturday night and get a dozen donuts for half price!!

Anyway, whenever I look at this sweet Sophia who has just woken up I think of the phrase "Time to Make the Donuts," so when Joni (our amazing illustrator) challenged us all to write, draw or doodle on our project this week, I knew I had to use little Bunny Slippers Sophia and write that phrase. The color scheme is also from DD...in case you aren't familiar with their pink and orange logo. And did you know that Bunny Slippers Sophia is the Stamp of the Month from Paper Pretties for July? That means you have just 5 more days to sign up for the Stamp of the Month Club to get this little cutie before everyone else! Otherwise, you have to wait until August 1st to get her, so...what are you waiting for??

Sophia is on Stamper's Select White, and I watercolored her with ink pads and an aquapainter using Pink Passion, Only Orange, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom, Summer Sun and a tiny touch of Pretty in Pink. I started the card with a Close to Cocoa base followed with a white layer, and then only orange and pink passion split the 3rd layer. I tied some cocoa grosgrain around it to hide the seam. Sophia herself is layered onto some more close to cocoa. I wrote the sentiment with my chocolate chip stampin' write marker.

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Bunny Slippers by Paper Pretties

CS:
Pink Passion, Only Orange, Close to Cocoa, Stamper's Select White
Ink: Brilliance black, Pink Passion, Only Orange, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom, Summer Sun, Pretty in Pink

Acc: Aquapainter, cocoa grosgrain, chocolate chip marker

TFL!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is way too cute and that sentiment is so funny!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning - Just wanted you to know I actually saw this early Wed morning as we took the train into NYC - and it sure brought back memories! I noticed right away the use of the DD color scheme! Loved it! Talk to you soon! L, N&F

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SO cute, Jana! I like Dunkin' Donuts (and DMIL's favorite coffee is theirs-she buys it from the store) but there is a 1956 donut place in N Austin called Mrs. Johnson's donuts which are made FRESH all day (only open 5:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.) and they give you a FREE warm donut when you go there - BEST cake donuts EVER! it's a slice of Heaven (I hope they serve donuts in Heaven)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that commercial!!!! We still say that today too! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, that commercial always comes to mind when I'm up early, too! lol DD rules!! CUTE CUTE card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Jana!! Those commercials were so funny!! You did a great job with her! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!