Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

German Phrase of the Day: Heute ist Vatertag. = Today is Father's Day. And my wonderful husband has taken our daughter to the Neander Valley (Neanderthal - thal is German for Valley...betchya didn't know that, did you?) to see the museum there. It's only about 40 minutes away from our home - I can't believe it's taken us over 20 months to go see it. I stayed home to get some cleaning done on the top floor, and to start sorting through what will make the cut to go back home with us, versus what will I give/throw away here. Not a fun process!!!

I have also been busy getting a few Father's Day items made. First, I made a large chocolate chip cookie cake. I LOVE the cookie cakes from American Cookie stores, and since I had made some cookie dough on Friday night and not finished baking the cookies yet, I thought it would be perfect. Looks pretty yummy, huh?

I also got a card made for my dear husband. I can't even begin to tell you how helpful he's been the last few months. He's been VERY concerned for my well-being, and trying to make sure I'm healthy, rested, and not over-doing things. He's also a wonderful father who loves playing with his little girl and taking her to new places and teaching her new things. I consider myself extremely lucky.

For his card, I used the Just so Hoppy and Hip-Hop Accessories sets by Melanie M. for GinaK. I stamped the two frogs with Palette Noir ink on Stamper's Select White CS, then colored them with prismacolor pencils and blended with OMS and blending stumps. Then, I stamped the greeting (the HOPPY part is from Just so Hoppy, the Father's Day is from Accessories) with Wild Wasabi ink. For all the layering I used Wild Wasabi CS, Stamper's Select White and the Wild Wasabi prints from the hostess set of prints paper. Oh yeah...and I added some cute screw head brads from Gina's store also. I think he'll like it.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today, and be sure to thank your dad...I know I will! He's the only man I know who's as good a dad as my own husband! :-)

Supplies: (all supplies from SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Just so Hoppy, Hip Hop Accessories from GinaK Designs

CS: stamper's select white, Wild Wasabi, Wild Wasabi prints dsp

Ink: palette noir, wild wasabi
Acc: screw brads, sponge, prismacolor pencils, OMS, blending stumps

TFL!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a nice testimonal to your husband!!! what a man. I am so glad you will have a new little one for you folks to love. How nice.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute Jana!! I loved hearing how wonderful your hubby is! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!