Saturday, September 15, 2007

California Christmas

German Phrase of the Day: Das Leben ist kurz. = Life is short. (therefore, eat desert first, and don't forget the Cosmos!)

This weekend is VSBD over at Bellaholics Anonymous. This card was for last night's Sketch Challenge, which was a wonderful yet simple sketch. Someone on the Bellaholics group is hosting a swap for non-traditional Christmas Bellas on Christmas cards, and so that is what inspired my little Cosmobella here. I LOVE the dashing paper, and have been using it a lot lately. Guess I should pull out the wintergreen so it doesn't feel unloved!

I stamped her with Stazon black on SU! watercolor paper, then colored her with refills and my aquapainter. I used some liquid applique on the hat (does that stuff expire? Mine isn't working so well!) and some crystal stickles on her tank top. Recently, Sharon Harnist has been featuring some GinaK design stamps and she talked about using pencils to color in an image instead of watercoloring it because she wanted to use stickles, and stickles over watercolored images run. Well...she's right! I actually had this little Bella all colored and ready to go, put the stickles on and let them dry (I thought) turned her over to apply adhesive, and there was pink all over!! Oh well...good thing I stamped her twice!!

I also added some Dazzling Diamonds to the rim of her glass to give her a little sugar. I used the same piece of paper, just both sides, of Dashing, layered it on a little bit of black, then tied the red grosgrain around with a touch of silver cord, and finally put it all on the red card base. I think she turned out pretty cute, I hope you enjoy her!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Cosmobella by StampingBella, Crab & Company
CS: Real Red, Basic Black, Watercolor paper, Dashing DSP

Ink:
Jetblack Stazon, Real red, Buckaroo Blue, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Acc: aquapainter, red grosgrain, silver cord


TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. JANA - COSMOBELLA LOOKS ADORABLE WITH HER SANTA HAT AND COSMO. IT IS NOW TIME TO START PACKING UP ALL MY STAMPING STUFF TO TAKE BACK TO FLORIDA !!! THE REALITY OF ONE HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE IS GETTING MORE APPEALING EVERY DAY AS OUR SEMI-ANNUAL MOVE GETS CLOSER. WISH WE COULD HAVE RETIRED FIRST AND ENJOYED YOU THREE MORE - BUT THEN AS SOON AS THE FIRST GRANDCHILD ARRIVED -- WE'D HAVE TO GO BACK INTO RETIREMENT!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cosmobella in her Santa hat. What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW This is fabulous! great job with the hat. I will definitely case this one...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!