Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Color Challenge with Zindorf Case...

German Phrase of the Day: Liest du viel? Do you read a lot? As I've talked about before, I definately do read a lot. In fact, I ordered 6 new books through Amazon.com to pick up in California when I'm there in a few weeks time! I can't wait!!!

This card was inspired by Zindorf over on SCS. She was this week's featured stamper, and I was completely blown away by her amazing creations. I especially loved her amazing backgrounds. The card this one is loosely based on can be seen here. Hers is so much more intense!!!

I wanted to use my new Spooky Sweets set that I just got yesterday, which was purchased solely (well, ok, let's get real here!) for this particular greeting. Now I just need to get Julia to make some cards and use this greeting on them!! I inked up the pumpkins in Pumpkin Pie, then rolled them in some Really Rust (because I was trying to stick with the color challenge!) then stamped them on naturals white CS. The stems are all stamped with River Rock. For the background, I sponged on river rock, then really rust, then a little ballet blue, and finally night of navy before running the piece through the embossing folder. Finally, I added the Old Olive and Night of Navy with DTP method.

The background piece was then sponged all around with chocolate chip, and layered on Really Rust, and Chocolate chip. I added the greeting inside the HPH and attached with Chocolate grosgrain, then finally mounted it onto the river rock card base. Lastly, I attached the pumpkins, with 2 of them up on dimensionals. This was a fun card...but I must keep working at those amazing backgrounds by Zindorf!!!

Stamps: Spooky Sweets
Paper: Naturals white, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, River Rock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, River Rock, ballet blue, night of navy, old olive, pumpkin pie
Accessories: HPH, Chocolate Chip grosgrain, oval punch, Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! I noticed your card on SCS and had to run and check out your BLOG. So glad I did. I love all the detail you give about how you put this together! Your whole blog is now going into my favorites!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana - that's a great card; love the colors. THanks for sharing!

    Beth B. (mommy to a busy 4 yr old)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning!!!
    Love everything about it!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!