Saturday, September 29, 2007

Baby card

German Phrase of the Day: Verschluck dich nicht. = Don't choke. Yup...that really is in my living language calendar for Sept. 21. Maybe that's national Heimlich month or something! Hey...that name sounds German to me...wonder if there' s a correlation.

Don't mind me today...Julia has been in high gear all morning and has both her dad and me completely worn out, so she's having "quiet time" and I'm supposed to be re-energizing so I can deal with her in 30 more minutes. Wish me luck!

This is the card I made to go with yesterday's frame. I haven't used this Bundle of Joy set very much and thought it would be a cute way to continue the pink and brown theme. When my friend came by yesterday to pick them up, she did indeed love them...so I'm glad!

I colored the bear in with close to cocoa and chocolate chip inks using my aquapainter. His interior arm doesn't look that white in real life...at least I hope not! For the faux stitching, I just free handed some xxx all around. I wanted to use my all in a row set, but I can't find it anywhere! Oh well. I also stamped the swirly dots with stars up the side of the close to cocoa cardstock, but it's hard to see. And...this is almost the end of my narrow chocolate grosgrain. I'll have to break down and buy the wider stuff soon I guess. Oh well!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Bundle of Joy

CS: Pretty in Pink, close to cocoa, chocolate chip

Ink:
close to cocoa, chocolate chip
Acc: pink gingham ribbon, chocolate grosgrain

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love pink and brown together (I never thought I would love pink until I realized it really complimented brown).

    And I had to laugh at your German phrase of the day. You never know when that's going to come in handy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Jana! I love that little bear and he's so cute with those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love it! The colors are perfect for this bear!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!