Monday, March 08, 2010

Happy Birthday Erica!

Here's a card I made for the MFT Guest Designer contest last week, and also for my old high school friend's birthday (also last week.) It's also going in for the Moxie Fab Card Olympics!I used the Who's That Birthday Girl set, and stamped her MANY times. Once for the base, 3 times for the cake tiers, 1 for her dress, then again to cut out her hands. She almost became the handless lady since those hands are so dang tiny and hard to cut out...but I persevered! I used my new Cosmo Cricket Material Girl for the paper piecing.The challenge for the guest DT spot was to incorporate sheet music or old book text into the card somehow. I printed off Happy Birthday from my computer then aged it with creamy caramel and chocolate chip ink. I cut her out with my nesties and mounted her on a so saffron scalloped oval and then added some half pearls to each "bump." Of course I had to add some lovely red taffeta ribbons as well!I finished off the inside with some more stitching, some more dp, and the top two layers of the cake again, with the addition of my girlfriends age (mine too in another month - YIKES!) Hope you've enjoyed this...I'll be back again tomorrow with more challenge cards!

PS Erica...it's on it's way!!

6 comments:

  1. CUTE! Love yoru paper piecing! Great job, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jana!
    Hope you weekend getaway was a restful one! Did DH do well with your little one? :) Great paper piecing here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jana! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you didn't post my age :) Looks great in the pictures, can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jana, this is a beauty! Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I recognized this card, it's fabulous, I love all those tiny pearls, they make it look so rich! CONGRATS on being on Kim's blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!