Tuesday, March 09, 2010

MFT Sketch is Bloomin' Great!

Last week's Wednesday Stamp Challenge from MFT was a wonderful sketch created by my wonderful friend Frances! I just LOVE sketches!! I was able to create my card before leaving for wine country, but am just now getting around to uploading it. I'm glad I finished it though, because it made a perfect birthday card for Julia's 1st grade teacher yesterday!!
 I used the adorable little Pure Innocence Blooming Girl as my main image. I colored her with my copics (don't you love that orange dress? I know I do!) and cut her out with my circle nesties. She is mounted on a nestability peony shape cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I used my new Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety mini stack for the 3 panels behind, layered on some Glorious Green cardstock, with some Green Galore as the layer on top of the Pumpkin Pie card base.
 I added some twill ribbon underneath this little cutie, and finished it off with my paper flower for Joanne's crumple it challenge. That was WAY fun to make, can't wait to make more! Oh..and I added the sentiment using my new Go Green stamp from SU! by inking each word individually and using the stamp-a-ma-jig to line everything up.
Finally, I finished off the inside with some more of this wonderful DP and the sentiment from the Pure Innocence set. I hope you have a blooming good day, and now I'm off to finish up a tutorial I'm working on for tomorrow's La-La Land Crafts challenge post...I hope you'll come back to see that and my Paper Pretties challenge cards tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, Jana! Love that flower! Very pretty DP too! A perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wow! this is too, cute! love your crumpled flowers-great embellie!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!