Wednesday, December 20, 2006

All for now...

Ok, we're heading to the US in the morning...early! It's colder than you know what here right now (well, ok, maybe not that cold to some of you, but to this California-girl it's pretty gosh darn cold!) and I'm looking forward to some warmth!

With that in mind, here is a nice spring-y card that makes me feel a little warmer. When I first arrived in Germany I was doing an SU Diva Sister Swap for an online group of demos I belong to (many of whom have blogs listed to the right!) and one of the cards was supposed to be an emboss-resist card. Well...I didn't have a heat tool. So then I thought I'd just do ghosting with versamark and not bother embossing...but I didn't have a brayer. So, needless to say, I set aside my glossy CS with the image already stamped in versamark to wait. When my brayer finally arrived via good ole DSL, I went to town. I think I may have based the layout on one of the SCS card sketch challenges, but I can't remember which right now.

I used Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Glossy White and Whisper White cardstocks, Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery and versamark inks. The sets are Blossoms Abound and the butterfly is from Touch of Nature. I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the butterfly to make it sparkle! And, of course a touch of ribbon!!

Ok...I will try to post some from the US, but I won't be quite as consistent...all depends on my access, and of course my access to stamps! Starting 1/1/07 I'll have access to both, and will be posting like mad!!! Expect a minimum of one post a day for the first week of January as I play with my wonderful friend and upline Rachel for a week! :-) Can't wait!!!

Have a wonderful Holiday everyone...and I hope to hear from you all in the new year!

3 comments:

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!