Sunday, December 03, 2006

Our Golden Bears

It was big game weekend in California, and our Golden Bears beat Stanford for the 5th straight year! We here are convinced that Julia has brought the good luck to Cal, and that coach Tedford is just lucky he started the year she was born! And while our golden bears will not be going to the Rose Bowl this year, again, they are still near our hearts at this season.

So...what better way to celebrate our win than with a Golden Bear Christmas Card! I had already decided I NEEDED to make one of the lovely new ornament cards (the first I saw was on Stamper's Showcase on the SU! Demo website created by Cathy Millen.) While I continued the ongoing process of organizing my stamping area, I noticed my new Pines stamp set (which I got for FREE, thank you very much) and I noticed how much the bear looks like the one used for Cal logo-wear. So...got out my ink...mounted the stamp...and voila! I used the pine twig from the Pines set to create the branch. Doesn't work quite as well as Peaceful Wishes, but I think it works well enough. I made the top of the ornament using some scrap rubber I had...and drew in the hook by hand with my Zig Painty Pen. And since I still don't have a heat gun over here, I couldn't emboss it to add some shimmer and shine, but I still think it's beautiful! And some lucky Cal fan will get this as their holiday card this year!

Colors are More Mustard, Night of Navy and Vanilla for the CS, Bordering Blue, More Mustard, Night of Navy and Going Grey and Always Artichoke for the ink. I then tied the bow using Navy Grosgrain and adhered it to the card with a glue dot.

I"ll be adding some more of my recent projects soon, so keep watching!

Happy Stamping!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!