Friday, December 08, 2006

Bring on the Challenge!


SplitCoast Challenges are always fun. I've been trying to do more of them (altho I rarely seem to upload them to SCS! Bad Jana!!) I'm going to try to committ to do at least 2 challenges per week...perhaps that will be one of my new year's resolutions since I'm leaving for the states in 2 weeks I won't have much time to get to them all before I leave!

This time, I used Card Sketch Challenge 98 from a few weeks ago. I also cased this beautiful card by cork1035 for the focal image. It didn't turn out quite as good as I had hoped, but overall I was happy with it! Once I have a heat gun I"ll be able to emboss all these wonderful things..for now I have to be happy with my 2-way glue pen and some Dazzilng Diamonds! The other day when DD went downstairs after a crafting session in our "shared craft room" (she has a small table near mine where she paints and does other crafts) my DH was appaled at all the glitter on her! Oh well...girls have gotta have some sparkle, right?

So, this card used Garden Green and Very Vanilla. I'm not super happy with Garden Green at the present momment...and may have been happier with a different color. Oh well. I inked the stamp up in Garden Green, then using my Choc. Chip marker, I colored in the trunk and a few branches to add some brown. Love that technique...that way you don't have to use markers for the whole thing...much faster! I added the gold brads to dress it up a little, and when it's closed, there is some narrow organdy ribbon to hold it closed. Stamped the inside with canvas before adding the "peace" greeting.

My favorites on SCS is getting quite large. I think I need to limit myself to 5 new additions per day, and for every 5 additions, I have to design at least 1 new card myself (or CASE as the case most often is for me!)

Ok...have a great day everyone...I'm going to STAMP! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!