Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bodacious Wonder!

I am just LOVING this Bodacious Bouquet stamp set. I really don't know how I held out as long as I did to get it! I have seen several beautiful samples with it on Splitcoast, and in particular many wonderful One Sheet Wonder sets, so of course I had to try myself. And it was a nice break from the Christmas Cards I've been making - altho now I have NO IDEA what I'll do with all these cards!

As I've already stated, I'm completely out of Chocolate Chip CS, so I couldn't do the color combo I really wanted, but I had also decided I need to try using Vintage Violet a little more, so I looked around for a combo I liked using that, and saw a STUNNING card on SCS using Vintage Violet with Rose Red. Of course I had to add Certainly Celery for a little gree, and some lightness.

I ended up with 8 cards in all. I decided not to use a template this time, although I usually do, and just see what the results were. They were ok. I tended to make 2 cards with a similar layout at once because that is how I cut the paper...but I guess that is ok.

So, all CS is Rose Red, Vintage Violet, Certainly Celery and of course Whisper White (it was in fact my last sheet of Whisper White - oh no!!) And same colors for ink. I used various ribbons (some Celery Organdy - both narrow and wide, as well as the vintage violet stitched grosgrain, pink gingham, and some silver cord). I used a few different background stamps, Print Pattern, Linen and Aida Cloth.

I also used the Bodacious Bouquet Dry Embossing template on a couple of cards, and LOVE the effect it gave! I'm going to have to play with that some more. I love the fact that it also has piercing templates, and so I pierced around a few of the blossoms to add some interest.

I used my beloved ticket corner punch once and put some brads in the little divots it creates. And on the last one I show here, I used the slit punch to create a scalloped border. It's actually quite easy to do - simply put your CS all the way in and punch, then move the punch over to line up at the top of the semi-circle you just punched, and punch again. In the end, you'll end up with 2 pieces of CS, one with the scallop,and one with the reverse of it. I just love the scalloped look - and have in fact finally given in an dordered the Marvy Uchida scalloped Giga punches (all 3 - circle, oval and square!) I can't wait to get them!!!

Yesterday I started a new project which was lots of fun...but I can't share photos of it until after Christmas. Suffice it to say, I'll be hitting the bier garten's here more frequently so that I can build up my collection of chipboard coasters!!! :-) I also was able to call my good friend and upline Rach last night through the computer, and with my webcam she was able to watch me stamp and see the projects I'm working on..perhaps I'll have to setup a live Stamp-Cam! :-)





4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! They are ALL beautiful!!! You have been a busy bee.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how these turned out! Great color combo!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. live stampi cam.. Sounds wonderful.
    let me know when you go live!!!

    great blog and love the dry emboss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL set of cards - brilliant use of color
    SharonK-MN

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!