Sunday, December 17, 2006

Holiday Star and March of the Penquins

This star is at the top of our Christmas Tree. Since I didn't bring ANY of our Christmas decorations from California to Germany, I"ve had to make decorations this year. This star is SUPER simple to make, and with the wonderful Holiday Thyme paper, it's fast and beautiful.

I got the inspiration from Stampin' Andrea on Splitcoast, and she found the directions on Scraplovers.com . It's a fun one to do even with kids because it is so simple, and al you need is a 6" by 6" square of cardstock or designer paper, a stapler, and some adhesive.

I'm also going to post another recent project I made for an Artist Trading Card swap I participated in. I was inspired by this card by Emilymomto3boys on Splitcoast. I just loved the little penquin and al his sparkle. So, I changed it up a little and Voila! Easy ATC's, and I also made some into full cards because, it's just so easy to do!!

The hardest part of this card is lining up the circle punches. To do this, I trimmed my Cool Carribbean CS the proper width, and just made small marks where I would later trim for the lengths. I then found the center of that square and tried to center the 1 3/8" circle punch over that center. After punching the circles, I then trimmed the squares appart. Next, I mounted the Cool Carribean CS onto the Basic Black CS, then tried to center the 1 1/4" punch inside the punched circle of the top layer. This enabled me to get a ring of black on the inside as well, which I think added a lot.

The glitter window is the easiest part...simply lay your top layers onto the bottom (I used Confetti White), stamp your inside image, then place a square of packing tape on the BACK of your top layers (on the black layer) then lay that into some glitter, being sure to press the glitter onto the tape for full coverage. Finally, adhere your top layer to the bottom centering your stamped image.

I used the Wild About You, Snow Flurries and a hostess set from last year called Small Script for stamp sets, and just Basic Black and Cool Caribbean inks.

1 comment:

  1. Jana,

    your card is nice but I just LOVE the star & thank you so much for sharing how to make it!!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!