Tuesday, February 19, 2008

CC154 Is Looking Perky!

German Phrase of the Day: Ja, aber nur bis morgen. = Yes, but only till tomorrow. This is the first time I've seen the word but spelled out in German. It is pronounced Abah, since they don't do the er sound over here...you know...think like a Mainer and you'll get it right!

Ok...I'm still LOVING this set. Did you all go check it out in the Prettie Boutique last night? All these different phrases are SOO much fun!!

When I saw the color challenge this morning I almost backed down. I really don't like Orchid Opulence. It is my most disliked SU! color of all times. But, Emily made it look so pretty, how could I resist? And I have to admit, although I would NEVER in my wildest dreams team up these colors, it really works!! I watercolored my images first using just those three colors, then went about putting the card together. I like this little row of different mugs...it's such a cute border to use! And this coffee pot? Did you all see the one Charmaine did with the face?? I have to admit when I first saw this coffee pot I thought of Mrs. Pott's from Disney's Beauty and the Beast - and Charlie beat me to making her!!

So, once I had all my pieces cut and layed out, I decided I needed to something fun with the ribbons, so I went through all my ribbons and picked out all the scraps in coordinating colors to tie on here. I like that little extra that it adds...even if it does cover up part of the sentiment.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day today. I'll be back soon with another card from GinaK!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Look Who's Perky from Paper Pretties
CS: Stamper's Select White, orchid opulence, certainly celery, pumpkin pie

Ink: Palette Noir

Acc: aquapainter, WWC, lots o ribbon!

TFL!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!