Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Prettie Girl Wednesday

Ok...here's an unplanned post. I can't believe I forgot to upload the valentine card I made for Julie from the Prettie Girl challenge she issued 2 weeks ago. What a doofus! Oh well...guess I'll have to share that some other time after I get back to Germany - it's really cute! I'll let you know what this week's challenge is once I know! Gotta get my card from LAST week's challenge done still!!

Today I'll show you 2 cards I made yesterday. Unfortunately, my newest package from Christie didn't arrive before I left for Florida, so I asked Joanne to send me a few stamped images of Luke and Lexi from Sealed with a Kiss because I just love them! I colored this image with watercolor pencils and a blender pen. It's been a while since I've done that...it was fun but I'll be happy to have my watercolor crayons back!!

I used my mom's Basic Gray Two Scoops paper for both cards...I just LOVE it! And notice the nested sentiment? Mom has nestabilities too!! I loved cutting this sentiment out with the oval nestabilities then putting it on the scalloped regal rose oval. That is just the coolest thing!! The ribbon is from the Target $pot, and the ribbon slide is from my SU! package that just arrived yesterday afternoon. SOO much fun!! I spent a good portion of last night cutting out rubber!!

The second card uses my lovely Wade E. Bug. I stamped him on my cut and embossed oval. I colored him again with watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I have been so inspired by my fellow Prettie Girls who color wade all kinds of different colors that I had to follow suit and color him to match the Two Scoops paper. Isn't he fabulous with his light turquise wings with pink spots?? I thought the colors were very Easterish, and thought he could be all dressed in his Easter Sunday best. For the ribbon, I used some leftovers from last spring's Flirty ribbon pack from SU! Perfect!! The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Limitless Labels.

Ok...Mom and I are driving up to Mount Dora to go to some famous stamp store up there, and guess who I'm meeting up wtih?? Kim, the MFT Lady! I am soooo excited. Since I can't come join the CHA fun with all the other Prettie Girls, at least I get to meet Kim before she goes. And you can be sure I'll be there on the party tonight for her latest release...Twisted Sentiments? How perfect for me!! ;-)

Have a great day everyone!
TFL,
Jana

2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS cards!!! I love them both Jana - great job! :) Hope you had fun with Kim - we'll miss you in CA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, Jana! LOVE how you used Wade for an Easter card!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!