Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quick post...we're sick!

Hi all...sorry no german phrase of the day today...other than Ich bin krank (I am sick.) I have another yucky cold, and so does dh. So far, Julia is just really stuffy...and even that seems to be getting better luckily. Although that means she wants to play and no one has the energy to play with her. Oh well.

Here' s a card I made earlier this week. I stamped some images from this Bloomin Beautiful set in Florida - it's my mom's...but I knew I was going to love watercoloring it! I had some trouble deciding on the color for the pot...so that's the part I like the least.

Card base is old olive stamped wtih Aida cloth in same color. Next layer is So Saffron (was also used for flower centers) wrapped with old olive twill tape and a ribbon slide from the new Occasions mini. Then, the main image stamped on watercolor paper with palette noir ink and colored with watercolor crayons and my aquapainter. This is mounted on Elegant Eggplant.

Here's the detail photo of the watercoloring. I really did enjoy this and tried to take my time to make them come to life a little. I think before I color the next one I'll do a little more research to see what they are supposed to look like in real life though!

Hope you all are well...tomorrow is Prettie Wednesday, so I'll be back with some fun for that! And it's my week to issue the challenge, so I'll have that for you all as well!

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. Oh sorry to hear you're sick...I've been down since last Tuesday and I'm miserable. Bronchitis that has now turned into laryngitis, fun stuff. Well, until you try to order food at the drive-thru, talk about a challenge. LOL Get well soon missy!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i hope you guys feel better soon!! Your card is so pretty- like a painting! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!