Friday, February 22, 2008

A Quadruple Challenge!

German Phrase of the Day: Du musst viele Aepfel essen. = You have to heat many apples. Why you have to eat many apples, I have NO idea! Perhaps because they grow so many of them here!!

Today's card satisfied the requirements of not 1, not 2, but 4, yes FOUR different Prettie challenges. How did I manage that? By being sick and lazy and way too far behind to catch up! The Prettie Girls had a Stamping In Your Jammies (SIYJ) party while they were at CHA, and I happened to be sick. I never got a chance to catch up and do all the wonderful challenges. We had a sketch challenge, a color challenge (light pink, vanilla, and brown), and a technique challenge which was spotlighting. Well...I'd never done a spotlighting card, I like those colors, and the sketch was fabulous. Then to top it off...Joanne issues this week's challenge on the Prettie Forum to NOT use designer paper. That's an easy one for me, because while I love dp, I don't have to use it. Therefore, 4 challenges have been met with this single card. Is that cheating?

I stamped Sophia on vanilla Naturals paper, then a second time on some scrap to punch the circle out. I colored in the circle then added some brown flocking to her bear. I mounted that on a pretty in pink circle, then positioned them on the original piece. This was then layered on some Close to Cocoa, which was layered onto some Pretty in Pink with a scalloped edge. I added the tabs from the word window punch into which I had stuck some antique brads, and wrapped the excess around the back. I made it a 4.25" square card, and stamped the polka dot background onto some close to cocoa then tied pink organdy ribbon around it. The Sophia layer is popped up on that, and it's all layered onto the 4.25" square pretty in pink card.

The spotlighting technique was much more fun than I expected. I never tried it because it never really interested me...but I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Will for certain be doing that again!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Cuddle Me from Paper Pretties, polka dot background
CS: Naturals Ivory, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink

Ink: Palette Noir,
Close to Cocoa
Acc: sponge, aquapainter, WWC, corner rounder punch, circle punches, lt pink organdy ribbon

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. HOLY CHALLENGES JANA! You did an awesome job, and I don't think I've ever seen that many combined challenges at once! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey looks like we both had a great idea using Sophia for spotlighting! :) Love yours Jana!! Great job with all of them!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!